Friday, December 7, 2012

Game Drawing.



Overall, this piece was a joy to finish, and a lot of fun. I feel that it really taught the idea of perspective in a creative and interesting way. If I had to name a difficult property of this, it would be the water colors. At times, it was hard to do a really light wash over the game drawing without it mostly being water and almost tearing through the paper. I feel that bringing back the blending with the colored pencils was a fun thing and enjoyed doing it, though I didn't really get why we had to do a watercolor wash over the pieces before we drew over them. If we were to do this project again, I would have preferred to just put watercolors over the areas where we weren't going to go over with colored pencil. It would have been easier in areas with highlights and shadows. I feel like this piece was a success, because I learned how important perspective can be when drawing something, and how it adds depth and perspective to everything.

No comments:

Post a Comment