Friday, September 7, 2012

Questions for Projects:

1. Describe your overall thoughts on the final piece.

 I thought that this project was overall a fun and creative way to experiment with shading and blending. The oil pastels were a nice way to help demonstrate the blending of colors, but were quite messy!

2. If this was a group project, what was your contribution?

 N/A

3. How successful do you feel this piece is and why?

I feel pretty successful after completing this piece, though the blending of colors wasn't as great as I would hope it to be. I think the colors I chose might have been harder to blend together, so next time I might chose different ones.

4. What worked about this project? What didn’t work? The contrast between the black paper and the vibrant oil pastels turned out to be quite appealing, and I think it looked very well. What didn't work would have to be some of the colors I was trying to blend didn't quite want to be mixed together and it looked quite choppy.

5. If you were to do this project over again, what changes would you consider making?

I would probably change the colors I used and maybe try harder to blend them better. I would also make sure to try to create the 3D effect more by making sure to use darker color in the back of the object.

6. What was the most difficult part about completing this piece and why?
 I think the most difficult part would have to be the shading. I don't feel as though I completely mixed them enough, it still looked kind of uneven.


7. What did you learn from this piece?
I learned that you can create a 3D object with just a bit of color and a LOT of blending and shading!


Emily L. Period 1

No comments:

Post a Comment